It’s time for another Bisexual Books giveaway! Bisexual YA author Corinne Duyvis was generous enough to send us some swag from her US tour and we’re happy to pass it along to you guys!
You could win all the fantastic goodies pictured above:
- An AUTOGRAPHED arc of Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis
- An arc of Battle Magic by Tamora Pierce
- A copy of Bi-Normal by M.G. Higgins
- A card from Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
- stickers from tumblr, weneeddiversebooks, a full set of stickers from the Pantomime series by Laura Lam, and a bi pride flag
- bookmarks from bi authors featuring Corinne Duyvis, Hannah Moskowitz, and Saundra Mitchell
Now all the boring rules stuff:
- This giveaway is open to everyone (yes international friends this includes you).
- You must be following us here at bisexual-books to win
- You must reblog this post (likes don’t count for this one sorry guys).
- You can reblog as many times as you’d like
- But no giveaway blogs
- Winners will be chosen August 10th at 8pm CST
Source: An inside look at ADHD.
Me 100% of the time. Luckily Ito help for my ADD when I was a child
- ADD and ADHD are the same disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder was officially renamed Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in 1994. Many people use ADD to refer to Type One presented here, and ADHD to refer to Type Two, but they are the same core disorder.
- In many cases where ADHD carries into adulthood, it’s a genetic issue [My grandfather, mother, siblings, and I have all been diagnosed with ADHD], though this does not always occur.
hello yes this is me
more fun facts!
- there are a lot of talks about how ADHD is overdiagnosed, and that may be true for boys, but for girls ADHD is severely underdiagnosed.
- older studies mostly looked at hyperactive boys and that’s the perception we have of ADHD. because of this many girls will go undiagnosed until adulthood.
- most girls/women who have ADHD are inattentive type. they tend to be introverted, disorganized and daydreamers.
- girls will internalize these as personal failings and teenage girls have a much higher rate of suicide and self harm because of it
- ADHD is often comorbid with anxiety and depression, both of which are caused by the failings from having ADHD
- depression can present itself differently in people with ADHD. it’s more of a discouragement from constantly failing, but it can be just as debilitating.
- read this article from the atlantic: It’s Different for Girls with ADHD
I’m gonna just take this opportunity to share that I believe that I have Type 1 ADHD. It’s been hard admitting this to myself, since my family has often used this (and other mental health diagnosis) against me, to threaten me or suggest that I am incompetent. However, I think part of becoming an accountable and authentic being means learning how to talk about my needs and my (dis)abilities. I’m learning how to be proud of the person that I am, and for that I have my community to thank. <3
Pretty sure that it’s a contractual obligation to give no fucks when cosplaying Deadpool.
Deadpool cosplayers are seriously my favorite type of people
OK SO I WAS AT THE FABRIC STORE AND I WALKED BY SOME MEMORIAL DAY THEMED FABRIC AND
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS
WHY ARE THE ABS SO DETAILED AND NOT THE FACE WHAT
OMFG LINCOLN LOOKS LIKE EDWARD CULLEN WITH A BEARD I CAN’T DEAL WITH THIS SHIT
I HAVE A DRESS MADE OUT OF THIS FABRIC AND I GOT TO BE IN A PARADE BECAUSE OF IT
It has a link to buy it!
a little love story about mermaids and tattoos
i am deeply infatuated with this comic
I…this was unexpected.
my latest struggle, lava is way harder than it seems..
something ive been thinkin bout for a bit so i wanted to paint it!
Words cannot express how much I love this picture.
INKY LOOK ITS LIKE MAC
I WANT TO CALL THIS A SALAMANDER FOR THE MYTHOS BUT THE BIOLOGY SIDE OF MY BRAIN IS LIKE NO THAT’S A GECKO OK